Preble County Ohio Homes
Prepare Your Home for Showing
& Get Top Dollar
Sometimes the little things can make a big difference
OK. You've expended some energy and spruced up the exterior and
your home following my thorough checklists. It is looking great
and it is ready to show.
But your are not done! Here is a list of things you need to do
each time your home is scheduled for showing.
Home Showing Checklist
- Make beds
- Wash dishes and put away clean dishes, including emptying
- Empty wastebaskets
- Do quick vacuuming and dusting
- Make sure pet's litter boxes, cages and bedding are clean
- Open drapes and shades
- Turn on lights
- Set comfortable temperature
- Turn off television; play
soft background music
- Set out "show towels" in baths
- Freshen the air with potpourri or baked bread aroma
- Arrange flowers throughout
- Start a fire in the fireplace (when appropriate)
- Have entry area brightly lit and clutter free
- Leave lights on in dark rooms if there are no wall switches; leave
shades up and allow as much light to penetrate home.
Follow these steps and your house will sell faster. Trust me!
For a personal critique of your home's readiness for resale, I'd be
happy to give you my professional advice. Contact me today.
Click here to Contact Steve!